It all started with a brownie.
In the beginning, Little Delish was a tiny specialty bakery that made one thing - brownies. Today I'm sharing my signature recipe with you.
Dark Chocolate Brownies
200g high-quality dark chocolate
50g plain flour
100g cocoa powder
300g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
4 free range eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 180C. Place the chocolate and butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Pop it in the microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave in 30 second bursts thereafter until melted, stirring in between. Add espresso and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Create a well in the centre and pour in your melted chocolate mixture. Stir together well, making sure to dissolve any lumps.
3. Gently mix in the eggs, one at a time. Be careful not to overwork the batter! As soon as the eggs are combined, stop mixing.
4. Pop your brownie batter into a lined slice tray and bake for 40 minutes. This recipe also works well in muffin tins or individual moulds, just make sure you adjust the cooking time and cook for 15 minutes less.
5. Your brownie should still be a little bit gooey when it comes out - don't worry, it will set after 30 minutes of resting time. Try to let it cool off before you tuck in!
For a cute Valentine's treat, cut your brownies into hearts using a cookie cutter. You can also top off your mixture with something special before it goes into the oven. Try crushed Oreos, melted peanut butter, or even caramel sauce - get creative!